- Assures planning and achieving budget, net sales, pairs, gross margin dollars, inventory turn and accounts aging for MBT® USA.
- Develops and executes product and sales strategies to optimize selling and growth opportunities for MBT® USA.
- Assures creation and execution of global MBT® running vision, product line and growth targets.
- Assures global product plan, design, and development of MBT® running and sports shoes.
- Demonstrates a passion for meeting consumer needs and exceeding consumer expectations
- Assures the judicious use of company resources and sound business justification for all financial objectives
- Assures effective and efficient change management to meet all company goals
- Demonstrates creativity by thinking outside the box, breaking norms, and developing new ideas/products
- Assures successful business practices are executed throughout all aspects of performance
- Plans, implements, and manages key milestones to achieve deadlines
- Proactively develops internal and external business partnernship relations
- Assures a collaborative environment that fosters and values partnerships, diversity, and trust
- Exhibits selflessness by developing team members to become more successful in their roles
- Shares resources to improve business results
- Actively seeks the ideas of others and values differing perspectives
- Builds trust by communicating honestly, directly, and candidly
Position Essential Functions
- Collaborates with all functional areas to develop sales strategies for growth of the account base aligned with objectives.
- Determines gross-profit plans by implementing sales strategies, analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for territories and projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new accounts.
- Manages Sales Team through motivation, counseling, direction, skill development, and product knowledge.
- Seeks out and targets new customers and sales opportunities, initiates action plans by developing presentations for clients and business partners, conducting market analysis, and devising strategies to generate and secure new business.
- Monitors inventory to assure appropriate levels to maximize profits and reduce markdowns.
- Provides ongoing training, tools, and communications to Sales Team so that they possess sufficient knowledge to present information on the brands products.
- Assures strong business relationships with partners and customers.
- Assures that Sales Team’s activities are in accordance with Company policies and guidelines.
- Evaluate market needs through a strong understanding of runner’s consumer behavior, the competitive landscape and detailed response to our products.
- Create seasonal product line plan and oversees development from concept thru to bulk sales sample delivery.
- Coordinate product development with DG development office associates.
- Direct external design firms in the creation of the global seasonal products thru to tech packs.
- Work closely with running specialty retailers in acquiring product feedback and direction.
- Evaluate, and prioritize assortment and growth opportunities relative to consumer need/segments; competitive running products and pricing and overall design and cultural trends.
- Present product line, concepts and designs to senior management and retailers.
- Align and communicate product strategy and annual initiatives on an on-going basis.
- Plan, project manage and launch annual and seasonal products in order to achieve targets.
- Serve as the brand’s lead on all product presentations both internally and externally, USA and at GSM’s.
- Assures partnership with CEO and senior executives to provide regular updates in order to keep everyone informed.
- Participates in industry trade shows.
- Assists CEO with projects as requested.
Typical Work Hours:
Office in Kirkwood, MO Physical
Open Work Station
As Required (40%)
College graduate (BA or BS in Marketing, Business or a related filed of study); MBA is advantageous, or equivalent work experience
Job Experience & Key Competencies:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in product management and marketing, footwear product management is an advantage along with exposure to the running specialty retail trade channel through retail experience and/or a buyer role in running footwear.
- Understanding of the product design and development process; experience and exposure to design and working with design teams; understanding of retail merchandising and assortment planning and metrics .
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across functions and external partners, on budget, and on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in strategic planning, annual planning, sales planning, forecasting and analysis.
- Ability to bring together diverse data sets to inform and shape strategy, annual initiatives and action steps to grow the business.
- Demonstrated record of thriving in a fast-paced, diverse, entrepreneurial work environment in rapid growth stages.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to leadership, peers and team members. Strong presentation skills. Must have a high degree of social intelligence.
- Committed runner with personal experience with or in-depth understanding of running brands, running consumer, and sales channels.
- Excellent management, negotiation, and people skills.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower Sales Reps to achieve Company's sales goals through a team approach.
- Microsoft Office Products